What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have these types of results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.
What Do Search Engines Look At?
Search engines look at a combination of over 200 factors to determine what pages should rank for which queries.
Some of these factors include:
- Information that is relevant, in other words, the content on your web site pages, if done / implemented correctly, will positively correlate with good rankings and other on-page factors, such as: page content, page speed, relevant content, title heading, keywords, descriptions, well positioned clean URLs, having a high number of social media likes, shares, tweets and Google plus reviews.
- Backlinks are also extremely important. However, backlinks must be relevant, from high quality web sites, including social sites/networks related to your industry.
- Internal and External links. You must be mindful of the reputation of the page you are linking to you and internal links must be relevant.
- It's the combination of on-site and off-site factors that determine your search engine rankings.
- And the list goes on ... HTML Titles, Site Crawlability, Trust, Authority, ....
Drupal CMS SEO Solutions
Drupal SEO Modules
- Global Redirect
- Path Logic
- Meta Tags Quick
- Sub-path URL Aliases
- XML Sitemap
- SEO Compliance Checker